Sunday, November 21, 2010

Christina Aguilera Lands A Role alongside Her Idol Cher in 'Burlesque'

Christina Aguilera Lands A Role alongside Her Idol Cher in 'Burlesque'
Cher, Christina Aguilera

Singer/actress was so desperate to lands a role alongside her idol in new movie "" she instructed movie bosses to "stalk" the pop icon until she agreed to sign up for the film. The "Genie in a Bottle" hitmaker knew Cher would be perfect in the role of Tess and ordered producers to stop at nothing to snag her.

She says, "I was the first one to sign up to the movie and I knew when her name was brought up in conversations to play Tess, I was like, 'Go after her, stalk her, sleep under her doorstep at night, she needs to be in this movie starring opposite me'. And so they did that and was like (to Cher), 'She (Aguilera) loves you, she's such a huge fan, she will drink your bath water, she would just die for you!' "

Aguilera admits she was incredibly shy when the "Believe" superstar turned up onset for her first day of work, but managed to overcome her nerves to confess her love for Cher to the legend herself. She adds, "I was a little embarrassed when I first met her. I walked up to her and I said, 'Hi Cher, nice to meet you, I'm the obsessed stalker that wants to drink your bath water!' "

On her personal life, Christina Aguilera reveals she is adapting well to life as a single mother following her break-up from husband Jordan Bratman, admitting she's found her "own rhythm of doing things". The pop superstar's shock split from the music executive hit the headlines in October and Aguilera promptly filed for divorce.

The estranged couple has remained silent about the reasons for the separation, but the "Beautiful" singer insists she's growing used to bringing up their son Max on her own. And Aguilera, whose own parents split when she was young, is making sure the two-year-old knows he's her number one priority.

She tells U.S. talk show host , "He's just the happiest guy ever and I wanna make sure he stays that way. More power to all the single mums out there. It's hard, definitely. It's hard just being a working mum and trying to balance everything on your plate. You find your own routine, your own rhythm of doing things and you know, I like to be the first thing he wakes up to in the morning and the last thing he goes to bed at night seeing and singing him his lullabies to him, and it means the world to me to be able to do that."

"I grew up in a very chaotic household when I was younger so I wanna make sure I instill in him a lot of love," she claims.


 

gucci bags gucci handbags gucci sale

No comments:

Post a Comment